Vertical Axis Wind Turbines
Vertical Axis Wind Turbines are a newer inovation in electrical power generation from the kinetic force of wind .
Urgan Green Energy UGE are a progressive company looking to become a leader in the development of these small wind turbines. They are currently, producing three units. The 600 Watt, one kilo-watt and four kilo-watt.
There are a number of advantages to these systems:
1. They are well suited for areas where winds are turbulent such as urban areas
Vertical axis wind turbines are different from traditional wind turbines in that their main axis is perpendicular to the ground. Their configuration makes them ideal for both rural and urban settings and offers the owner an opportunity to offset the rising cost of electricity and to preserve the environment.
There are many advantages of vertical axis wind turbines (VAWTs):
• VAWTs are not affected by the direction of the wind which is useful in areas where the wind changes direction frequently or quickly. Unlike traditional horizontal axis wind turbines no mechanism is needed to turn the wind turbine towards the wind meaning better performance in areas where a tall tower isn't feasible, obstacles are nearby, or the wind is more turbulent.
• VAWTs are better able to harvest turbulent air flow found around buildings and other obstacles; situations more common in areas where people live.
• VAWTs are ideal for both rural and urban applications including roof top installations. Depending on the roof's shape, wind flow over the roof may even be concentrated leading to an increased energy output.
• Simple to install and maintain
• Low opporating noise level
• Pleasant appearance
• The availability of on or off grid systems.
• They also qualify for LEED certification point , and can be used for the feed in tariff program.
UGE's products include vertical axis wind turbines and hybrid street-lights. These high quality, high performance, and attractive products are supplied to customers all around the world.
Global Green Power Solutions is the Ontario dealer and can ship to other provinces as well. If you purchase from GGPS you will enjoy a full five year warranty on your VAWT system. They also have the industries most qualified technicians and proffessionals to assist their customers with A+ service and support.
Follow the link for additional information on
vertical axis wind turbines
return to Residential Wind Energy
return to Alternative Forms of Energy